Privacy Statement Van Poppel Croonen Attorneys B.V.
Effective: 25 mei 2018
Van Poppel Croonen Attorneys makes an effort to protect the privacy of its clients and the users of the website. This privacy statement applies to the given order(s) and it (also) applies to every user of the website https://www.vpca.nl and other media(carriers) where personal data is being processed. By using this website you agree with these provisions.
1. To whom does this Privacy Statement apply?
This Privacy Statement applies to the following parties:
– Clients of Van Poppel Croonen Attorneys;
– Visitors of the website of Van Poppel Croonen Attorneys;
– Receivers of the ‘Legal Updates’ and (other) commercial reporting of Van Poppel Croonen Attorneys.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to employees, student-interns and applicants to Van Poppel Croonen Attorneys.
2. Types of data and purpose processing
We collect information that you provide to us directly, like:
– Your contact details and other personal data that Van Poppel Croonen Attorneys needs to process your case;
– Your contact details and other personal data that you may have filled in on the website of Van Poppel Croonen Attorneys;
– The personal data that you provide during a introductory meeting, readings, events, etc.
3. Use personal data
Van Poppel Croonen Attorneys uses your data for the following purposes:
– In the case that you are a client: To carry out the agreementvan where you give Van Poppel Croonen Attorneys the order to deliver legal or fiscal services. For this your contact detaild will be asked.
– To follow legal obligations: The lawyers and tax specialists of Van Poppel Croonen Attorneys are obligated by the law De Wet ter voorkoming van witwassen en financieren van terrorisme (WWFT) to gather information and capture it. In this case it is normally a copy of the id of the client.
– To mantain contact with you: In the event that you give permission to us to use your contact information, it will be used to send Legal Updates and invitations for events.
4. Legal basis of the data processing
Van Poppel Croonen Attorneys is only allowed to process personal data if it can be based on one or more listed legal bases of article 6 AVG. Van Poppel Croonen Attorneys will process your data on the basis of one of the following legal bases:
– Your permission: If you have given us permission then we can process your data.
– On the basis of an agreement where you have given Van Poppel Croonen Attorneys the assignment to give legal and fiscal services: For carrying out the assignment it is necessary for Van Poppel Croonen Attorneys to process your personal data. This happens when a summons is made, if we contact you or if a billing is made.
– Legal obligation(s): The lawyers and tax specialists of Van Poppel Croonen Attorneys are obligated on the basis of De Wet ter voorkoming van witwassen en financieren van terrorisme (WWFT) to gather and capture surtain information. Among other things a copy of an id is necessary.
– On the ground of a justified interest: Van Poppel Croonen Attorneys is allowed to process your personal data if there is a justified interest and there is not a disproportionate invasion on your privacy.
5. Your choices and rights
You have the right to ask Van Poppel Croonen Attorneys for a insight, improvement, supplement, removal and shielding of your personal data. Contact Van Poppel Croonen Attorneys if you have want to use your rights by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 088 111 55 00.
Van Poppel Croonen Attorneys can use service providers to process your data (processing according to AVG). Herefore Van Poppel Croonen Attorneys closed a processing agreement that meet the standards of AVG.
7. Third parties
In some cases it can be necessary that Van Poppel Croonen Attorneys shares your personal data with third parties, for example to handle your case. Hereby you can think about litigating against a counterparty (where documents can be sent to your counterparty, debt collector and the court that contain personal data, which, for example, is the case with a summons) and with closing an agreement with the counterparty (where documents will be sent to the counterparty that contain your personal data).
The website of Van Poppel Croonen Attorneys can contain hyperlinks to third party webpages. Van Poppel Croonen Attorneys is not responsible for the content of those webpages and the way these third parties handle your personal data.
8. Contact us
In case you have any questions about this privacy statement, the processing of personal data of Van Poppel Croonen Attorneys or the way we protect your data, you can e-mail email@example.com or call 088 111 55 00.
If you have any complaints about how we handle your personal data you can contact us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 088 111 55 00. Van Poppel Croonen Attorneys will make an effort to try and solve your complaint. In case you are not satisfied with how we solved your problem you can Always contact the Authority of Personal Data, the organ that supervises the compliance of the legal rules of protection of personal data.
9. Change Privacy Statement
Van Poppel Croonen Attorneys is in its right to change this Privacy Statement from time to time. We invite you to check this statement regularly so that you stay informed. Changes are published on the following webpage: https://vpca.nl/privacy-statement/.